South Ayrshire Care and Repair is an independent Company Limited by Guarantee with charitable status. Ultimate responsibility lies with its Board of Directors which consists of a broad spectrum of membership from the Elderly forum, Ayrshire and Arran Health Board, other Community Groups and South Ayrshire Council. We are funded by South Ayrshire Council and our priority is to help as many people as we can, and to provide an affordable service that reflects individuals’ needs.
Our services are available to homeowners and private rented sector tenants in South Ayrshire who are over 60, or who are disabled. Our Small Repairs Service is also available to Council and Housing Association tenants who are over 60, or who are disabled. Many of our services are free and if there is a charge we will always let you know of any costs in advance and you can always decide not to have the work done.
Care and Repair Team
- Lorna Attia (Finance & Development Senior Officer)
- Angela MacDonald (Senior Care & Repair Officer)
- Mark Canavan (Care & Repair Officer)
- Sarah Hunter (Finance & Admin Officer)
- Ryan Clarke (Clerical Assistant)
- Jay Rodie (Modern Apprentice – Clerical Assistant)
- Calum Steele (Clerical Assistant)
- Tony Brickell (Small Repairs Officer)
- Kevin Cumming (Small Repairs Officer)
- Karl Adgie (Handyperson)
- Morando Bertoncini (Handyperson)
- Jack Higgins (Handyperson)
To find out more, please visit the Our Staff page.
The Trusted Trader scheme is a directory of local businesses that have been vetted by Trading Standards and who made a commitment to treat their customers fairly. It is based on customer experience and customer feedback. Trader members of the … Continue reading
South Ayrshire Care and Repair has recently set up The Assured Repairs Company c.i.c., a community interest company, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the charity, to deliver a value for money service, offering a wider range of home … Continue reading